AIS1 VHF Indirect Frequency Synthesiser Module
This is a generic Giastar synthesiser module intended for use as a local oscillator in satcomms IF processing equipment and ATE systems. It is a single-loop indirect synthesiser that meets, among others, the Inmarsat earth station (LES) spurious and phase noise specifications.
It is designed to simplify design and construction of one-off systems by providing a simple, versatile serial control interface and various additional functions aimed at system integrators who do not want to worry about the internals.
The synthesiser may be controlled either from a PC or other user-supplied equipment (the simple ASCII interface allows the use of almost any programming language or operating system, even the script language of a terminal emulator), or may be used with Giastar's MCU1 manual control unit.
- ASCII serial interface, using a multi-drop variant of RS232 that allows a single PC serial port to control a number of Giastar modules.
- Internal VCTCXO reference that may be phase-locked to an external reference. Automatically locks to 1, 5 or 10MHz references. As the external reference is not used directly, phase noise on the external reference does not affect the output phase noise.
- Auto calibration function. When locked to an external reference, a calibrate command stores the reference loop control voltage and uses this to control the internal reference when the external reference fails or is removed.
- Carrier enable/disable commands.
- Built-in test functions. The output is disabled if an error is detected, providing fail-safe transmitter behaviour.
- Non-volatile memory.
- Frequency coverage, channel spacing etc to order within the range 10MHz to 200MHz.
Giastar Home - Feedback - Enquiry
Copyright © Giastar Ltd, 1999..2007